Yard work and maintaining the lawn is a good stress reliever for some people. Many homeowners enjoy being outdoors when the weather is nice. However, it is called yard “work” for a reason and while enjoyable there are a lot of efforts needed to get the work done. Bending over to pull weeds, the constant vibration from sitting on a riding mower or using a push mower can all Neck And Spine Doctor Patrick Springs VA 24133 increase pain levels for someone who was injured in an auto accident. Pain can make an enjoyable hobby like gardening or a household duty such as yard work un-enjoyable. This loss of enjoyment factor must be documented in the doctors’ notes so the attorney representing the patient can settle the claim with more ease after the patients doctor or rehab facility helps them feel better.
Once you are out of Patrick Springs VA 24133 the initial acute phase of your injury and have been cleared by your doctor to become more active, you should take it slow so you don’t re-aggravate the injury. Also instead of doing outdoor tasks that you would normally do in one day, spread the task out over the course of the weekend or get someone to help you with the work.
Here are some tips to follow before going Neck And Spine Doctor Patrick Springs VA 24133 outside to perform yard work after suffering from back pain.
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after being outside to avoid dehydration
- Stretch before going outside to perform yard work. Make sure the muscles in the low back are loose so you don’t put excess strain on the area.
- When bending over, make sure you lift using your legs. Avoid picking anything up by just bending over and Patrick Springs VA 24133 coming right back up.
- NEVER twist your body when you are leaning over. (this is a compromising position for the spine and can be problematic)
- Use knee pads if you will be doing gardening task to decrease stress on your joints.
- Take breaks frequently so that your muscles don’t fatigue in one certain position and go into spasm.
Dealing with back pain at home following an accident can hinder Patrick Springs VA 24133 your normal activity but it doesn’t have to stop it completely. As long as you make some minor changes to keep yourself out of trouble, you can still perform your hobby without worry.
I’m a good referral for your neighbor who mentions not being able to spend as much time doing yard work because of the pain they feel after their auto accident. Have them call me and I will Patrick Springs VA 24133 bring the enjoyment back to their life!